Do you ever see commercials and think “gee that looks good, let’s try to make it”? Well, apparently all our meals are coming from TV this week, since that is what also happened with the Bruschetta chicken! This was based on a Hillshire Farm recipe we saw on TV this week. Once again not the healthiest, but I liked making the sauce instead of using a jarred sauce to control the ingredients! This is one of those recipes that could be modified (more veggies, different spices, turkey sausage) to add flavor or lighten it up.
Creamy Sausage Alfredo
- 8 oz. Rotini
- 1 14 oz package smoked sausage cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp season salt
- green onions to garnish (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package. With 3 or 4 minutes left, throw in peas. Drain when done and set aside
- Saute sausage over medium-medium high heat until brown. If overly greasy, blot some of the excess off the pan with a paper towel.
- Add milk, cream and seasonings to sausage and bring to boil reduce heat and simmer for around 5 minutes until sauce starts to thicken up. Add parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Add pasta and pea mix. Toss everything to combine and reheat pasta. Garnish with green onions.
This was good reheated the next day at work as well!